|Date from||Date to||Season||Price (CHF)|
|Dec 13 2015||Dec 20 2015||Self-Catered £3,000 GBP||Catered £6,000 GBP|
|Dec 20 2015||Dec 27 2015||Self-Catered not available||Catered not available|
|Dec 27 2015||Jan 3 2016||Self-Catered not available||Catered £14,000 GBP|
|Jan 3 2016||Jan 10 2016||Self-Catered not available||Catered not available|
|Jan 10 2016||Jan 17 2016||Self-Catered £4,000 GBP||Catered £8,000 GBP|
|Jan 17 2016||Jan 24 2016||Self-Catered £4,000 GBP||Catered £8000 GBP|
|Jan 24 2016||Jan 31 2016||Self-Catered £3,500 GBP||Catered £7,500 GBP|
|Jan 31 2016||Feb 7 2016||Self-Catered £3,500 GBP||Catered £7,500 GBP|
|Feb 7 2016||Feb 14 2016||Self-Catered not available||Catered not available|
|Feb 14 2016||Feb 21 2016||Self-Catered not available||Catered not available|
|Feb 21 2016||Feb 28 2016||Self-Catered £3,500 GBP||Catered £7,500 GBP|
|Feb 28 2016||Mar 6 2016||Self-Catered £3,500 GBP||Catered £7,500 GBP|
|Mar 6 2016||Mar 13 2016||Self-Catered £3,500 GBP||Catered £7,500 GBP|
|Mar 13 2016||Mar 20 2016||Self-Catered £4,000 GBP||Catered £8,000 GBP|
|Mar 20 2016||Mar 27 2016||Self-Catered £3,500 GBP||Catered £7,500 GBP|
|Mar 27 2016||Apr 3 2016||Self-Catered £4,000 GBP||Catered £9,000 GBP|
|Apr 3 2016||Apr 10 2016||Self-Catered not available||Catered not available|
|Apr 10 2016||Apr 17 2016||Self-Catered £3,000 GBP||Catered £6,000 GBP|
|Apr 17 2016||Apr 24 2016||Self-Catered £3,000 GBP||Catered £6,000 GBP|
|Apr 24 2016||Apr 30 2016||Self-Catered £3,000 GBP||Catered £6,000 GBP|
|May 1 2016||Nov 30 2016||Please ask for rates||Catered not available|
|Dec 18 2016||Apr 30 2017||Please ask for rates||Please ask for rates|
Catered Chalet Janluke
Situated in a secluded location, with fabulous views over La Tzoumaz and just a 8 minute cable car ride from Verbier’s ski slopes, Catered Chalet Janluke’s stunning contemporary design remodels elements found in traditional Swiss ski chalets. Employing a mixture of traditional and modern materials and building techniques and featuring exposed concrete juxtaposed with traditional larch timber, Chalet Janluke really is the traditional Swiss chalet re-vamped for the 21st century. Large glazed areas offer spectacular views of the surrounding area while the side balcony provides an uninterrupted mountain panorama from within the large open plan living space. A luxurious, harmonious space with on site staff, spa room & outdoor jacuzzi, with high-spec finishes and interior design throughout, Catered Chalet Janluke is equipped with everything you need to enjoy the perfect winter holiday, situated close to the main ski lift, access to the slopes won’t be a problem either!
At a glance
- 10 person chalet
- 4 bedrooms / 4 en-suite bathrooms
- High-spec modern interior
- 500m walk to the foot of the main piste, the high-speed telecabin ski-lift and La Tzoumaz centre
- Uninterrupted mountain views
- 2 terraces and 1 private balcony
- Spa room with sauna and shower and seating
- Sun deck
- Outdoor hot-tub jacuzzi on the terrace
- Full-time catering & chalet care staff when booked on a Catered Chalet basis
Whether getting ready for a day on the slopes or winding down in front of the fire at the end of one, Chalet Janluke features all the latest in modern comfort and luxury. The chalet’s four bedrooms sleep up to ten people in a stunning master bedroom, two double/twin rooms, and one further twin room that sleeps 4 when using the optional bunk beds. The master bedroom has its own private south facing garden, and all rooms have private en-suites, as well as state of the art entertainment systems and WIFI throughout. From the warm, spacious living space you can enjoy stunning uninterrupted views across the mountains. The spa room and sauna and the outdoor terrace jacuzzi are the perfect way to unwind and ease those aching muscles at the end of a day on the slopes.
Chalet Catering during the ski season
During the ski season, Catered Chalet Janluke is managed by two professional full-time staff. Their experience, enthusiasm, and knowledge of the local area will ensure that your stay is comfortable and stress-free, leaving you to enjoy your holiday. Your dining experience can be as formal or as laid back as you choose. A typical morning begins with a hearty breakfast to prepare you for a day on the slopes. While you are out enjoying the ski and sun, afternoon tea is made ready for your return, following which you can relax in the large open plan living area or watch while the chef prepares a sumptuous three course evening meal for you in the Chalet’s modern kitchen. Evening meals at the Chalet are accompanied by a selection of red and white wines and followed by coffee and chocolates in front of the fire. Children and special diets are fully catered for, and special requests and preferences can also be taken into account. The staff have one evening off a week, allowing you to experience one of the local restaurants. They will be happy to advise and arrange a booking, on request.
Chalet Janluke is equipped with high-speed WIFI for your own personal use.
Equipment & facilities
If you are self-catering, you will find all the basics in the kitchen: a fridge and an oven with induction hob, a kettle, toaster and Nespresso coffee-machine, plus fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire. A hairdryer, iron and portable outdoor barbeque are all available for you to use and there is a shared (coin-operated) washing machine and dryer available in the building. A ski-locker with boot heaters provides the perfect solution to storing and drying your ski equipment, ready for the next day.
We’re sorry but this is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly rentals if you would like to travel with your pet.
Parking is available for several cars very near to the chalet. Car not necessary in winter due to proximity to ski-lifts, restaurants and supermarket. Contact us for airport or railway transfers. Transport to and from Sion or Martigny is included when booking on a Catered Chalet basis.
This chalet is only 500m from the end of the main ski piste and the Savoleyres telecabin, where you will find the Ski School and the start of the central resort area. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area. The chalet is operated on a fully-catered basis during the ski season (01/12/2015 – 01/05/2016), and is available from Sunday to Sunday on a whole-chalet basis. The experienced chalet cook will provide you with delightful meals from a varied repertoire and ensure you have all that you need during your stay. Outside of these dates no catering is provided and you are free to use the full kitchen facilities yourself.
We are very pleased to announce that we will be offering discounted ski-passes to everyone staying with us from Winter 2015/16. To be eligible for the 10% discount, ski-passes must be ordered and paid in full 12 days in advance of your first ski day. We accept all major credit cards. Orders received up to 2 days in advance are not eligible for the 10% discount however they will be printed for collection with your keys when you arrive in the resort. Last minute orders will be available for collection on the morning after you arrive. Discounted passes are available for all age-groups, for durations from one half-day up to 21 days, and cover the Savoleyres, Verbier or 4-Valleys sectors. The discount does not apply to the insurance options available. Ski-passes can neither be cancelled nor exchanged once they have been ordered. The discount is applicable in high, medium and low season and also applies to family rates. It is not cumulative with any other offers or reductions. On arrival in the resort we will also provide you with discount vouchers for various other services, such as ski equipment rental.
From April, when the ski-lifts close, Chalet Janluke is available to rent on a self-catered basis, for weekends and short stays, or longer stays of one or two weeks or more. In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips around Switzerland’s beautiful Valais area and beyond, that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier.
In the peak summer season from early July to late August, the telecabin link to Verbier operates daily from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian or accompanied by your bicycle. You can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
- Weeks always commence on Sundays unless stated otherwise
- The chalet can only be booked as a whole
- Prices are based on exclusive use of the chalet for 10 people
- Price includes exclusive use of the whole chalet, breakfast, afternoon tea, evening meals with wine
- Flights and transfers are not included, except transfers from Sion and Martigny when booking fully catered
Booking Terms and Conditions
- Chalet Janluke is only offered for holiday rental, subject to written confirmation.
- To reserve the Chalet Janluke please email us with your preferred dates. In the event that chalet is available we will require a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the fee, payable within one week of email request. Following the receipt of the deposit, Chalet Janluke will send an e-mail confirmation. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
- The balance of the rent is payable 4 weeks before the start of the rental period. Chalet Janluke will request payment by issuing an e-mail. If the balance payment is not received one week after the due date, Chalet Janluke reserves the right to cancel the reservation. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless Chalet Janluke is able to re-let the Property. In this event, clause 4 (below) of these conditions will apply. Reservations made within 4 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of the booking.
- In the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid (not including the non-refundable deposit) will be made if Chalet Janluke is able to re-let the Property, and any reasonable expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refunded amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc., since these are not covered by Chalet Janluke.
- The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day. Chalet Janluke shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in the accommodation after the time stated.
- The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed the number stated on our website unless Chalet Janluke has given written permission.
- The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property.
- The Client agrees not to act in a way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
- The chalet house keeping will be carried out each day with the exception of the day off, between the hours of 9-10. All rooms must be vacated during this time.
- During fully catered weeks the kitchen is not for guest use, unless agreed in writing prior to the holiday.
- The Client shall report to Chalet Janluke without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, machinery, or appliances in the Property or garden, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
- Chalet Janluke shall not be liable to the Client:
- for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the Property or garden.
- for any loss, damage, or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of Chalet Janluke.
- for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in such an event, Chalet Janluke shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
- Under no circumstances shall Chalet Janluke’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid by the Client for the rental period.
- In the event that guests have cause for complaint, we request that these must be brought to the immediately attention of our chalet manager so that we will have the opportunity to correct the matter during the holiday. If you fail to do so you deprive us of the chance to investigate your complaint and to do our best to rectify it. If we are unable to resolve matters whilst you are on holiday and you remain dissatisfied you must write to us within 28 days of your return with full details.
La Tzoumaz Catered Chalet Janluke
- Balcony Terrace
- Catered Chalet
- Free Ski-Bus
- Internet (WiFi)
- Outdoor jacuzzi
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this accommodation.
The 4-Valleys is one of the largest interconnected ski-areas in Europe, with lifts linking La Tzoumaz to Verbier, Nendaz, Veysonnaz and Thyon. Altogether there are over 400km of pistes that cater for different levels of skiers. Beginners can follow long gentle trails (which in Switzerland are marked out in blue instead of green or blue) that wind around the mountainside, never going too steeply. Intermediates benefit from many long reds pistes, with up to 1,800m of height change between the top and the bottom of the lifts. For experts, not only are there numerous steep black runs, but also clearly-marked yet un-pisted yellow itinerary routes, where the snow conditions will test your skills to the full. There is a vast expanse of off-piste skiing where the local guides can show you how to access the freshest powder and the famous routes that include those used during the World Freeride Championships.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins.
We love the fact that we are just next door to Verbier. We don’t promise to offer you lots of trendy resort bars and restaurants within walking distance of your chalet, but in the daytime our high-speed telecabin links you to the resort of Verbier, its mountain restaurants and its vast skiing network known as the Four Valleys. We can even arrange for you to spend the night partying in Verbier and shuttle you home when dawn breaks or when you are ready for sleep. Here’s a glimpse of what is out there:
Here’s a brochure detailing the weekly events and animations sponsored by the Tourist Office:
Checkout our BLOG for our ever-expanding examples of things to do during your stay.