Apartment Matins St Laurent 1a
This luxury 4-bedroom apartment is a rare treat in La Tzoumaz: ski-in and ski-out access, and an easy walk to the town centre! From the moment the automatic garage door opens to allow you into the snow-free underground parking, everything has been designed with skiers in mind: to go skiing you only have to descend one short flight of stairs (or take the lift) into the parking, collect your skis and boots from the secure lockers and be transferred directly onto the piste by a shuttle cabin on rails that easily climbs the 80m distance up the near-vertical mountainside, so that you don’t have to! This is what makes this luxury apartment ski-in-ski-out. No more struggling onto a ski-bus with arms full of children’s skis and poles, and no need to walk around in your ski-boots. There’s also no need to clear snow from your car in the mornings as you can just park it indoors and forget about it until the end of your stay. The apartment benefits from views across the valley and to the mountains up to 20km away. The windows of the open living / dining area were specially designed to make the most of this ever-changing vista.
Bedrooms and bathrooms
The apartment comfortably sleeps 8 in four bedrooms. There are two double bedrooms (with windows & view) and two bunk bedrooms (without window/view).
The large family bathroom has both bath and shower. One of the bunk rooms has an en-suite shower, and there is a Guest WC near the apartment entrance.
If you wish to travel with children under 2 years old, just let us know and we will provide a travel cot and a high chair for you.
In the compact kitchen you will find all the equipment you may need: a fridge, oven and hob, a kettle, toaster, electric filter coffee-machine, Nespresso coffee machine, plus fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening amongst friends and family. The fitted wooden dining area has bench seating for 8 people. A hairdryer, iron and portable outdoor barbecue are all available for you to use and there is a shared (coin-operated) washing machine and dryer available in the building. Two ski-lockers with built-in electric boot dryers provide the perfect solution to storing and drying your ski equipment, ready for the next day. They are on the ground floor of the building right next to the entrance to the shuttle that carries you up to the piste.
Relax into one of the sofas of the lounge area after a hard day on the slopes, watch a Satellite TV programme or a DVD on the flat-screen television, or simply sit on the balcony and admire the beautiful panoramic views that face the apartment. On a blue-sky day, the view stretches 20km, up to the peaks of the Haut de Cry and the Mont Gond.
Upon request, we will supply a portable high-speed WIFI unit for your own private use, for an additional fee of 69 CHF for one week, or 119 CHF for two weeks.
We’re sorry but this is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly rentals if you would like to travel with your pet.
One underground parking space is provided. Further parking is available in a free public parking area 150m away. Car not necessary in winter or peak summer season due to proximity to ski-lifts, restaurants and supermarket. Contact us for airport or railway transfers.
This apartment is ski-in and ski-out (and sledge-in and sledge-out)! During the ski season, you only have to step into the shuttle cabin from the car park and you are carried the 80m uphill to the piste. From here you only need to ski (or sledge) 300m down the main piste and you arrive at the Savoleyres telecabin. At the end of the last run of the day, don’t forget to stop before the end and hop into the shuttle cabin to be carried the last 80m to your door. The main piste is not accessible to complete beginners, who would need to walk the 300m to the ski-school meeting point at the telecabin.
The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle. You can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August 2019)
- the opportunity to buy discounted lessons (10%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December 2018 to April 2019).
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- WIFI is not installed in this property. Upon request, we will supply a portable high-speed WIFI unit for your own private use, for an additional fee of 69 CHF for one week, or 119 CHF for two weeks.
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival. In case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
Apartment Matins St Laurent 1a
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons