The owners built Chalet Alexia as a home from home to enjoy with their family and friends. Having stayed in many chalets in the past they had some fairly clear criteria:
– Room for two families but with own sense of space
– Endless hot water, powerful showers and absolutely no queuing for the bathroom
– Comfortable beds and crisp white sheets
– Big table for long dinners, board games and cards
– Huge log fire and sofas you don’t want to leave
– Spoilt for choice with Books, DVDs and Games – Someone available to cook when you are tired
– Cot, high chair and toys
Living and Playing
Built in 2012, the chalet accommodates ten people in luxurious comfort. It has three bedrooms and two bathrooms on the lower floor and two bedrooms and two bathrooms on the upper floor. In the middle floor is a wonderful double height living / dining / kitchen area with a big open stone fireplace. Large windows look across the valley and open onto the spacious balcony and terrace. Facing the dining table, the large cooking island is the perfect spot for the social cook. The kitchen is well equipped with all mod-cons such as an electric filter coffee machine, a Nespresso coffee machine, conventional and microwave oven, dishwasher, American fridge and separate freezer. There are also two high chairs for the kids. Overlooking the living area, the mezzanine has an iMac computer and WiFi, IPOD docking station, widescreen TV and Wii and the chalet is well stocked with books, dvd’s, toys and games providing varied entertainment for all ages.
Relaxing and Sleeping
If it’s peace and quite you’re after then the sauna is the place to relax. And ensuring a good night’s sleep, comfortable boxspring beds are made-up for your arrival with crisp percale cotton sheets Most beds can be arranged as either twin or double to suit your needs. Soft bathrobes, hairdryers and large towels complete the focus on quality and comfort. For those holidaying with small children a travel cot is available. Underfloor heating runs throughout the chalet. The utility room has washing / drying / ironing facilities.
Chalet Alexia is equipped with free, high-speed WIFI for your own private use.
We’re sorry but Chalet Alexia is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly chalets if you would like to travel with your pet.
There is parking for 2 cars just above the chalet. Winter tyres and/or snow chains necessary in winter due to frequent snowfalls and the final 150m of steep access road. An alternative parking bay for 2 or 3 cars is available 150m from the chalet at the base of the steep access road.
The ski room has plenty of room for you to store your skis, snowboards, boots, jackets, hats and gloves.
Chalet Alexia is most practical if you have a car. The chalet is located 300m below the lift and the village. It’s a challenging walk up hill with your skis – not easy for children, but doable for adults. Good skiers can then ski back from the pistes to the front door. If you’re not up for the walk, the easiest way is to drive to the large parking located above the children’s ski school, park the car and ski down to the lift. You can then ski back to the car at the end of the day.
The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle. You can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- full use of sauna
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- firewood (fair use)
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August 2019)
- the opportunity to buy discounted lessons (10%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December 2018 to April 2019).
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival. In case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Alexia
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons