A stunning luxury chalet with breathtaking views from the huge double-height feature windows in the main living area. In La Tzoumaz Chalet Aventure is situated an easy 200m walk from the free ski-bus stop, but it is also possible in good conditions for good skiers to ski back to the chalet across the countryside. The chalet has been fitted and decorated to a high standard and is equipped with a separate TV or games area. Here you can truly escape into the mountain atmosphere and enjoy traditional evenings with family and friends around the fireplace whilst the children play upstairs in their own space. The small outdoor infra-red sauna is a delight in snowy winter weather, and perfect for relaxation at any time.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
This five-bedroom chalet comfortably sleeps up to 10 people in five bedrooms. The Master Bedroom and its en-suite shower room are on the lower floor, along with two further double bedrooms, a twin bedroom and a family bathroom. The final twin bedroom is situated on the mezzanine floor, by the TV/play area. There is a further shower room with guest WC situated on the main living floor. If you wish to travel with children under 2 years old, just let us know and we will provide a cot and a high chair in your chalet.
The main floor of this large chalet is an open kitchen/living/dining area with wood-burning stove and toasty underfloor heating. The kitchen has a breakfast bar and is fully equipped with everything you might need for holiday catering, including a dishwasher, microwave, electric filter coffee machine, Nespresso coffee machine, toaster, oven, hob and separate freezer. There are fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire. A hairdryer, iron and portable outdoor barbecue are all available for you to use. There is an external ski locker to help store all of your ski equipment. There is a washing machine in the property and small outdoor infra-red sauna.
The chalet has a fabulous position, elevated to give a stunning view across the nearby valley to the distant mountain peaks beyond. The luxury sofas are an incredibly comfortable place from which to admire this stunning view, or you can sink into a cowhide chair to indulge in the choice of cable channels and DVDs offered by the 32-inch (81cm) flat-screen TV. Alternatively, lose yourself in the music coming from the CD/iPod station whilst a log fire crackles in the background. The mezzanine area upstairs has bean bags, TV and DVD player so everyone can have their own space during your holiday. There is a small infra-red sauna outside the chalet that is great for soothing your aching muscles after a long day on the ski slopes or hiking trails. In summer, both the outdoor table on the patio and the seating on the wrap-around balcony provide you with the opportunity to enjoy the tranquillity of this calm location and listen to the birdsong coming from the nearby trees.
Chalet Aventure is equipped with high-speed WIFI for your own private use during your stay.
We’re sorry but this is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly rentals if you would like to travel with your pet.
Parking for 2 cars outside the chalet. Winter tyres and/or snow chains necessary in winter due to frequent snowfalls. Contact us for railway or airport transfers.
The free ski bus (less than 200m flat walk from the chalet) whisks you to the main ski piste in under two minutes, or to the resort centre a little further away. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle. You can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- full use of infra-red sauna
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August 2019)
- the opportunity to buy discounted lessons (10%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December 2018 to April 2019).
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Firewood (22 CHF per 20-25kg crate from the agency, or from the supermarket)
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival. In case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Aventure
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons