This stunning 5-bedroom chalet with 4.5 bathrooms, sauna & outdoor table tennis sleeps up to 12 people. It is easy to see why Chalet Chaupine has a high number of repeat bookers and why the busy weeks sell out fast: the spaciousness of the chalet, the design and choices of material, the quality of the linen, everything in the chalet radiates that this is a 5-star luxury ski chalet in perfect condition. Although the chalet is 2km by road from the ski-lift and village amenities, you’ll be happy to hear that there is a short-cut that gets you there on foot in less than 350m! The footpath climbs up through the countryside and takes you straight to the supermarket & bakery, then to the telecabin. Of course it is possible to follow this route home in good conditions and reach the chalet on skis.
Chalet Chaupine has a great layout for two or three families. The main double-height living area is the central masterpiece, with superb views over the Rhone valley and the surrounding mountains. Here, the chalet structural design emphasises feelings of openness and space, with plenty of light streaming in from the large glass doors and windows that expose the stunning scenery all around. The carefully selected furnishings and fittings separate this huge space into a cosy lounge area focused around the open fireplace, a fully-equipped modern kitchen with cooking island and bar to seat five people, and a dining area that comfortably seats 12 around the large table. Patio doors on this level lead to the balcony, terrace and upper garden.
In total, there are five gorgeous bedrooms, four bathrooms, two guest WCs, a mezzanine area and a separate office space with internet-ready computer. The sauna and outdoor table tennis set mean you can really relax and have a great holiday, while the downstairs bunk room transforms into a separate playroom with TV if you need some peace and quiet!
The mezzanine area overlooks the living room, offering a separate place to read or play games, or for the children to hook up their computer games to the large flatscreen TV, or watch movies on the DVD player. Up here there are two twin bedrooms and a bathroom with bath and separate shower.
The entrance is on the lower floor through the ski-room, which has enough space for ski gear for 12 people and a separate heater to ensure gloves and ski boots are comfortable and dry again the next day. There are three bedrooms and three bathrooms on this level, plus sauna with rain shower. The outside garden has two levels, great for summer barbecues, dinners on the large outside table, a game of table tennis or lounging on the deck chairs.
Bedrooms and bathrooms
The lower floor sleeps 8, in three bedrooms with three bathrooms:
- Twin bedroom with two separate beds, ensuite bathroom with bath, spacious shower, WC, wash basin. Double doors open onto the sunny terrace.
- Double bedroom with double bed (two mattresses that cannot be separated), ensuite bathroom with shower, WC, wash basin. Double doors open onto the sunny terrace.
- Bunk bedroom with full-size single bunk beds for 4 people, large flatscreen TV and DVD-player.
- Sauna bathroom (shower and sink) and WC.
The top floor sleeps 4 in two bedrooms with one bathroom
- Twin bedroom with two extra-long (210 cm) beds and doors to balcony, flatscreen TV.
- Twin bedroom with two separate beds and doors to balcony
- Large, shared bathroom with bath, spacious shower, WC and double wash basin
The kitchen is equipped with an oven, 4-ring hob, separate freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster, electric filter coffee-machine, Nespresso coffee-machine plus 2 fondue sets and 2 raclette sets. It also has a washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board for your use.
Chalet Chaupine is equipped with free, high-speed WIFI for your own private use.
We’re sorry but Chalet Chaupine is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly chalets if you would like to travel with your pet.
There is ample parking for 2 or 3 cars just below the chalet. Winter tyres and/or snow chains necessary in winter due to frequent snowfalls and the final 150m of steep access road. An alternative parking bay is available 150m from the chalet at the base of the steep access road.
Comfort-lovers may opt for a short (2 km) drive to reach the ski-slopes, where there is ample free parking, whilst the more energetic members of the party may choose to hike the 350m directly to the ski area on foot. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle. You can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- full use of sauna
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- firewood (fair use)
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August 2019)
- the opportunity to buy discounted lessons (10%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December 2018 to April 2019).
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival. In case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Chaupine
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons