NEW! An incredible new ski-in & ski-out spa chalet to rent in La Tzoumaz Chalet Christian boasts direct access to the piste, a sauna, outdoor jacuzzi and breathtaking views from an elevated position over the piste to the distant mountains beyond.
With its privileged location overlooking the Etablons piste and roundabout, the views from this chalet are truly outstanding. To maximise the impact, the main living area has huge double-height glass windows that expose the panoramic views that stretch for miles across the Rhone Valley and up to the snow-capped peaks beyond. The master suite envelops you in complete luxury with its feature bath and glass-screened en-suite bathroom, and its clever design to give panoramic views on both sides. The spa area has all that you need to make your holiday a relaxing treat, with a calming indoor sauna and rain shower area and a revitalising outdoor hot-tub jacuzzi.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
With 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, this chalet is perfect for up to 8 people. The large master suite is situated over the double height living area and has incredible views to the front and rear of the chalet. The suite is open to the roof beams and features a bath-tub in the bedroom and a glass-screened en-suite bathroom fitted with large rain shower, his’n’hers sinks and a WC.
On the lower floor there are three further bedrooms – two double bedrooms, each with en-suite bathroom fitted with large shower, sink and WC. The final bedroom is a twin bedroom and has access to a separate WC and the shower situated in the spa area across the hallway.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Christian is equipped with a high chair and a cot suitable for children under 2 years old.
The main floor of the chalet is a open kitchen, living and dining area with huge floor-to ceiling windows on two sides. The modern kitchen is fully equipped with everything you might need for catering, including oven, hob, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, Nespresso, electric filter coffee machine, and fridge-freezer. There are fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire.
Head to the spa area to relax after a hard day on the slopes, letting the soothing droplets from the overhead rainshower cleanse your mind and body, then warm your aching muscles in the sauna or soak in the outdoor jacuzzi and marvel at the twinkling lights on the distant mountainside as the winter snowflakes drift lazily down and melt into the steamy bubbles.
If you relaxing into the sofa area by the fire and perhaps turn on the TV, you’ll have to try not to be distracted by the beautiful and ever-changing views that can be seen from every angle out of the panoramic floor-to-ceiling windows.
Chalet Christian is equipped with free, high-speed WIFI for your own private use.
We’re sorry but this is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly rentals if you would like to travel with your pet.
There are two parking spaces accross the road from the chalet. Please note that to access the chalet during winter 2020/2021 there is a short flight of stairs, and people must also walk accross a narrow access piste.
The chalet is ski-in and ski out (and also sledge-in and sledge-out!) as it is situated at the crossing point of the red piste and the blue piste at the Etablons area of the village. Here there is a small apres-ski bar and a free ski-bus stop so you can either ski or take the bus to visit the village with its supermarket, bars and restaurants. It is a short 100m walk to reach the beginner ski area, the “magic carpet” and the Etablons chairlift. The main telecabin is a little further away in the centre of the village, so you can either ski (500m by the red piste) or take the car/bus (1500m by the road). This modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle. You can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- full use of sauna and jacuzzi
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August 2020)
- the opportunity to buy discounted skipasses (10%) lessons (15%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December 2019 to April 2020).
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 2000 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure. Please ensure your travel insurance covers you for accidental damage to the chalet and its furnishings during your stay.
- Firewood (22 CHF per 20-25kg crate from the agency, or from the supermarket)
- No dogs allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival. In case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
Chalet Christian La Tzoumaz
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons