A perfect chalet to rent for small group holiday in La Tzoumaz Chalet Colonia has three bedrooms and a sauna, and is situated only 200m from the free ski-bus. Named after the beautiful city of Cologne in Germany, the chalet has been thoughtfully furnished by the owners with relaxing holidays in mind. Here you can truly sink into the mountain atmosphere and enjoy traditional evenings with family or friends around the corner fireplace. The dining area is set into a charming bay window area to help you to fully absorb the mountain atmosphere.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
This three-bedroom chalet comfortably sleeps up to 6 people in two large double bedrooms and a bunk bedroom. All of the bedrooms have high, sloping ceilings with exposed beams. There are two bathrooms: one (near the sauna) with shower and one with large corner bath fitted with hand shower. If you wish to travel with children under 2 years old, just let us know and we will provide a cot and a high chair in your chalet.
The main floor of this large chalet is an open kitchen/living/dining area with corner fireplace and toasty underfloor heating. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you might need for family catering, including a dishwasher, microwave, kettle, electric filter coffee machine, oven and ceramic hob. There are fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire. Hairdryer, iron and portable outdoor barbecue are all available for you to use. There is separate ski-room with indoor/outdoor entrances to store all of your ski wear and boots, helping you to keep all your snow-sports clothing and equipment dry and organised. There is also a washing machine with dryer function.
Coming home after a long day on the slopes, it is a real pleasure to relax in the sauna before an invigorating shower. Afterwards, it’s hard not to relax when you are surrounded by La Tzoumaz’ stunning panoramic views and pretty snowflakes gently drifting past the window. On a blue-sky day, the view stretches 20km, from the floor of the Rhone Valley up to the peaks of the Haut de Cry and the Mont Gond, and in the other direction towards the legendary Vallon d’Arby and its un-pisted ski itinerary. Take a seat in a comfy chair with a glass of local wine at the end of a hard day on the slopes. If you are in need of distraction, there is a flat-screen TV with European channels and a DVD collection.
Chalet Colonia is equipped with high-speed WIFI for your own private use during your stay.
We’re sorry but this is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly rentals if you would like to travel with your pet.
Parking for 2 cars outside the chalet. 4×4 with winter tyres and/or snow chains advised in winter due to snowy access road. Alternative parking is available on the main road, 200m from the property. Contact us for railway or airport transfers.
The ski-bus will pick you up less than 200m from the door and whisk you the 2 km to the Savoleyres telecabin in a matter of minutes. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
You will have the opportunity to purchase discounted skipasses, lessons and rentals (conditions apply) after booking with us for winter holidays (December to April).
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins.
We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier.
In the high summer season, from early July to late August, we offer free VIP lift passes and the telecabin link to Verbier runs daily from 08.45 to 17.00, which means that you can easily reach the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bike (at an additional cost). You can even use a variety of lifts to go up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible views of the mountains which include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost per booking (to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees), plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
– our warm welcome and support during your stay
– beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
– full use of sauna
– credit card charges
– electricity & heating
– final cleaning
– tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
– free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August)
– the opportunity to buy discounted skipasses, lessons and rental and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December to April).
Not included in the price:
– We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
– Dogs not allowed
– Firewood (22 CHF per 20-25kg crate from the agency, or from the supermarket)
– Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request.
– Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person
– Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation.
You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival.
Our standard cancellation conditions are: up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%. Please check our site for our updated coronavirus cancellation conditions.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Colonia
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons