Chalet des Surelles
A delightful semi-detached chalet to rent in Chamonix with incredible views of the Mont Blanc range. Nestled in the highly sought-after location of Les Praz de Chamonix Chalet des Surelles is near to the golf course and is situated an easy 8 minute walk to the brand new high-speed Flegere telecabins. The chalet sleeps up to 7 in four bedrooms, and has been refurnished by an interior designer for 2021.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
The four upstairs bedrooms are laid out as follows:
– Double bedroom with private balcony and Mont Blanc views
– Double bedroom with views to the rear
– Twin bedroom (one bed slides underneath the other to make more space when needed) with low ceiling, open to the roof beams, with views to the rear
– Single bedroom with low ceiling open to the roof beams and Mont Blanc views
There are two bathrooms upstairs, one with bath & overhead shower, sink and WC, and one with shower and sink. A guest toilet is situated by the chalet entrance on the ground floor.
If you wish to travel with children under 2 years old, just let us know and we will provide a cot (mattress and bedding not provided) and a high chair in your chalet.
The downstairs of this well-thought-out chalet is an open kitchen/living/dining area with comfortable sofa space and doors to the lovely garden area. The kitchen is equipped with everything you might need for holiday catering, including a dishwasher, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine, kettle, toaster, oven, fridge and hob. Fondue and raclette sets re available for a traditional Alpine evening amongst friends or family. A hairdryer, iron and portable outdoor barbecue are all available for you to use. There is a kit area to store all of your mountain clothing. The underground garage area is fitted with a washing machine, dryer and separate freezer. There is plenty of space here to store all of your skis and outdoor equipment. Outside in the garden is a patio area with table & chairs, a wooden swing/slide set and plenty of space for sunbathing or building igloos on the lawn.
The chalet has a fabulous position in the prestigious Chamonix suburb of Les Praz, near to the Chamonix Golf Course and with enviable views of the Mont Blanc range. A short walk home from the brand new high-speed Flegere telecabin and you can be home sipping a glass of local wine on the new sofas before you have stopped talking excitedly about your day in the mountains.
The sofas in the living room are a comfortable place from which to admire the views, or you switch on the large smart TV and scan through the European channels or watch your favourite Netflix series.
In summer, the delightful garden is a pleasure with its flat lawn area and wooden swingset. A BBQ and outdoor table provide you with the opportunity to enjoy the tranquillity of this calm location and listen to the birdsong coming from the nearby trees.
Chalet des Surelles is equipped with high-speed WIFI for your own private use during your stay.
We would be delighted to welcome your pets to Chalet des Surelles. Please note that in order to cover supplementary cleaning costs, pets are charged at a rate of 50eur payable on arrival. If you are travelling with more than one large or two small dogs, please contact us to ensure we will be able to accommodate them.
Parking for two cars in the underground parking next to the chalet. Winter tyres and/or snow chains are legally-required in winter (from November 1st to March 31st) and are strongly advised in any case. Contact us for help finding railway or airport transfers.
The chalet is only 75 minutes drive from Geneva Airport and can easily be reached by transfer bus.
You won’t need a car during your stay as the public bus stop is only 200m from the chalet and takes you to the main ski / hiking /biking area of Flegere (2 minutes) or to Chamonix Centre (14 minutes), and in the other direction you can reach the main ski areas of the Grands Montets (9 minutes) and Le Tour (18 minutes). A free transport card will be provided for you to use the buses and trains in the valley during your stay. There are plenty of hiking and biking routes accessible on foot nearby. It is only a short walk to the magical “Paradis des Praz” summer area for kids in the forest, with its playground and accessible natural water features, along with a charming summer cafe.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 18 years, and children from 0 to 17 years.
- A free transport card is provided for each person to use the buses and trains in the valley.
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 EUR). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Firewood not included (the chalet has toasty underfloor heating throughout, and for environmental reasons we do not encourage use of the wood-burning stove in order to minimise the air pollution in our beautiful valley).
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 29EUR per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50EUR up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival. In case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
Chamonix Chalet des Surelles
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons