Chalet Grand Roi
A brand new luxury chalet, with plenty of space for a fabulous holiday for two families, or between friends. Sleeping 8 to 10 people in five comfortable bedrooms, it is a great choice for a self-catered ski chalet holiday, or a summer hiking & biking getaway.
The main living floor has a wonderful double height dining area that opens onto a lounge area with amazing views and a stone fireplace. The open kitchen is fully-quipped with all that you might need such as a Nespresso coffee machine, conventional and microwave oven, dishwasher and fridge/freezer. Underfloor heating runs throughout the chalet. The utility room has washing / drying / ironing facilities and a boot dryer is available to ensure you have warm and dry ski-boots every day.
Although the chalet is 2km by road from the ski-lift and village amenities, you’ll be happy to hear that there is a short-cut that gets you there on foot in less than 350m! The footpath climbs up through the countryside and takes you straight to the supermarket & bakery, then to the telecabin. Of course it is possible to follow this route home in good conditions and reach the chalet on skis.
Bedrooms and bathrooms
The chalet comfortably accommodates eight people in luxurious comfort. It has five bedrooms, each with TV, so could sleep up to 10 people in full-sized beds. There are four bathrooms and a sauna.
Upstairs Twin (two people per room in separate single beds)
Upstairs Twin (two people per room in separate single beds)
Downstairs Twin (two people per room in separate single beds)
Downstairs Bunk Room (one single bed raised over a second single bed)
Downstairs Double Room (two people in a larger double bed).
Upstairs is a bathroom with twin sinks, WC and bath with hand-shower.
Downstairs each bedroom has its own bathroom with sink, WC and either a shower cubicle or a bath with overhead shower.
On the middle (living) floor there is a Guest WC.
- Brand new chalet, built for 2017.
- 7 minute walk from the lift.
- 5 bedrooms/4 bathrooms.
- Games room.
- Flatscreen TV in allbedrooms.
- WiFi internet access.
- Luxury fully equipped kitchen.
- Nespresso coffee machine.
- Large balcony and comfortable sun loungers.
- Beautiful views of Iserables and the Riddes valley.
- Private garden area for sunbathing and barbecues.
- Washing machine and dryer
Chalet Grand Roi is equipped with free, high-speed WIFI for your own private use.
We’re sorry but Chalet Grand Roi is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly chalets if you would like to travel with your pet.
There is parking for all of your cars just below the chalet, at the base of the access steps that lead through the garden up to the chalet. A 4×4 vehicule or winter tyres and/or snow chains necessary in winter due to frequent snowfalls. Alternative parking can be found 60m away.
Comfort-lovers may opt for a short (2 km) drive to reach the ski-slopes, where there is ample free parking, whilst the more energetic members of the party may choose to hike the 350m directly up to the ski area on foot. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle. You can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- full use of sauna
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- firewood (fair use)
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August 2019)
- the opportunity to buy discounted lessons (10%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December 2018 to April 2019).
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival. In case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Grand Roi
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons