A beautiful and modern chalet in a traditional “old wood” finish with beamed ceilings throughout and situated in La Tzoumaz Chalet Jessica sleeps up to 9 people in 4 bedrooms. The spacious living area has large glass doors that seem to fill the room with the stunning mountainscape.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
On the lower floor there are two double bedrooms and a bunk room that sleeps a further three people in full size beds. The bathroom on this floor is fitted with bath, separate shower, sink & WC.
On the upper floor there is a further double bedroom and a bathroom with shower, sink and WC.
If you wish to travel with children under 2 years old, just let us know and we will provide a travel cot and a high chair for your chalet. Please note that bedding is not provided for the cot.
The kitchen area is just off the main living/dining area and has all that you would need to cook for large groups – there is a dishwasher, kettle, toaster and electric filter coffee-machine, plus fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening of melted cheese. Your ski-boots and gloves will always be toasty-warm and dry thanks to the boot & glove dryers in the spacious ski-room. An iron and hairdryer are available, and there is a portable barbecue for outdoor use. There is also a washing machine for your use. The chalet has central heating throughout and does not have a fireplace.
It’s hard not to relax in front of the large glass balcony doors of this magnificent chalet. Take a seat on the comfortable corner sofa with a glass of local wine at the end of a hard day on the slopes. The TV is equipped with Cable-TV and a DVD player. Also very popular in summer, Chalet Jessica has an outdoor ping-pong table and a grassy area on two levels that surrounds the chalet. The solid wood picnic table is just perfect for a barbecue. On a blue-sky day, the view stretches 20km, up to the peaks of the Haut de Cry and the Mont Gond, and in the other direction towards the legendary Vallon d’Arby and its un-pisted ski itinerary.
Chalet Jessica is equipped with free WIFI for your own private use.
We’re sorry but this property does not accept dogs. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly rentals if you would like to travel with your pet. Please note that the owner does visit each year with their dogs so it is not a suitable rental chalet for pet-allergy sufferers.
There is parking space for two cars outside the chalet. 4×4 with winter tyres and/or snow chains recommended in winter due to frequently icy/snowy road – the chalet is situated at the end of a 250m gravel road. Other cars can be parked on the main road at around 300m. Contact us for railway or airport transfers.
With good snow it is possible for good skiers to ski directly to the chalet, and from the chalet to a ski-bus stop below. The chalet is a short 1.5km (1 mile) drive to the Etablons Roundabout, where you will find the main piste, the Babylift carpet and the Etablons Chairlift, along with an apres-ski bar, free parking and the bus-stop to take you into the resort centre. The main piste leads down from this roundabout to the Savoleyres telecabin. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle. You can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The ‘Bisses’ are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August 2019)
- the opportunity to buy discounted lessons (10%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December 2018 to April 2019).
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival. In case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Jessica
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons