As a luxurious 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom chalet in La Tzoumaz Chalet Joli is a rare treat – only a 600m walk to the ski-lift and to the resort centre with its supermarket, bars, restaurants, swimming pool and playground. The high-beamed ceilings and large picture windows give a wonderful feeling of light and space. Comfortable furniture on the wrap-around balcony ensures that you can make the most of the stunning views all year round. Perfect for family groups, you can truly escape into the mountain atmosphere and enjoy traditional evenings with family and friends around the fireplace whilst the children (or big kids!) play in the entertainment centre set up in the bunk room downstairs.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
The four spacious bedrooms sleep a total of 10 people. The three double/twin bedrooms each have double doors that open onto the terrace and benefit from fabulous views across the valley. The bunk bedroom is fitted with full-size bunk beds to sleep four, and a full entertainment suite comprising flat screen HDTV, internet connection, DVD/bluray player, Wii and iPhone/iPod dock.
There are three bathrooms in total, each with shower, WC and basin. One bathroom also has a full-size bath to soak those tired muscles after a day on the mountains.
If you wish to travel with children under 2 years old, just let us know and we will provide a cot and a high chair for your chalet.
The main floor of this large chalet is an open kitchen/living/dining area with fireplace and toasty underfloor heating. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you might need for family catering, including a dishwasher, microwave, Nespresso and filter coffee machines, separate freezer, oven and hob. There are fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire. A washing machine, clothes dryer, hairdryers, iron and portable outdoor barbecue are all available for you to use. There is a separate ski room with heated boot warmer for 10 pairs of boots. There are racks for both skis and snowboards, and hooks, shelves and baskets to help keep all your snow-sports clothing and equipment dry and organised.
Sitting around the table in the large open living area, discussing the exploits of the day or your plans for tomorrow could be relaxation enough! Alternatively, you can choose to relax into the deep and comfortable sofas in front of the wood-burning fire, watch the flat-screen TV or listen to music, or simply sit on the balcony and admire the beautiful panoramic views that span over 20km of mountainscape. The HDTV in the lounge is supplied with over 400 internet channels, DVD/bluray and Apple TV, and is linked up to a home cinema system and free high speed WiFi. Several large double doors lead to a balcony which wraps around the chalet on three sides. The balcony is furnished with relaxed outdoor seating.
For children and big kids, the bunk bedroom is set up as a full entertainment suite comprising flat screen HDTV, internet connection, DVD/bluray player, Wii and iPhone/iPod dock.
Chalet Joli is equipped with free WIFI for your own private use.
We’re sorry but this is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly rentals if you would like to travel with your pet.
There is space for two cars (or plenty of mountain bikes) in the double garage and several more parking spaces on the driveway outside the chalet. Winter tyres and/or snow chains necessary in winter due to frequent snowfalls. Contact us for railway or airport transfers.
The chalet is only a 600m walk to the telecabin and the resort centre, but you can choose to take the free ski-bus for one stop in winter if you prefer not to walk around in your ski-boots.
The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle. You can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August 2019)
- the opportunity to buy discounted lessons (10%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December 2018 to April 2019).
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Firewood (22 CHF per 20-25kg crate from the agency, or from the supermarket)
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival. In case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Joli
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons