A delightful 3-bedroom chalet to rent in La Tzoumaz Chalet Khione is named after the Greek goddess of snow and sits in an elevated position with stunning views. All of the rooms are on the ground floor except the master suite, which feels like a private upstairs haven with stunning views. The comfortable kitchen/living/dining space opens onto a patio area with flat sheltered lawn. It benefits from a screened barbecue terrace, making it perfect for enjoying sunny barbecues in the summer or building snowmen and snow goddesses in the winter.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
This three-bedroom chalet with two bathrooms can sleep up to 8 people, and is spread over two floors as follows:
– large master bedroom (upstairs) open to the roof beams, with stunning sunrise views over the distant mountaintops, a double bed and cupboard space
– master bathroom (upstairs) with bath, hand-shower, sink and WC
– small double bedroom (downstairs) with windows on two sides. No wardrobe.
– bunk bedroom with full size beds for 4 people, windows on two sides, and a wardrobe
– bathroom with shower, sink and WC
If you wish to travel with children under 2 years old, just let us know and we will provide a cot and a high chair in your chalet
The main living area of this large chalet is an open-plan kitchen/living/dining space, cleverly split into distinct areas by a central divider. The sofa area has stunning views from the windows, a television and fireplace. The modern kitchen is fully equipped with everything you might need for family catering, including a dishwasher, microwave, electric filter coffee machine, Nespresso coffee machine, oven and induction hob. Next to the kitchen is a convivial dining space, with extendable table and 8 chairs. The large glass patio doors open onto the screened patio area and its brick barbecue. There are fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire. Washing machine, iron, hairdryer, and brick-built outdoor charcoal barbecue are all available for you to use.
Waking up in the morning to another blue sky day is a real pleasure when you can see the sun peeping out over the mountains from your bedroom window. Whether you dash out into the mountain paradise or simply sit in the garden and listen to the birdsong, here you can taste the fresh mountain air. At the end of a long day, why not swap stories and reminisce over a traditional fondue or maybe a raclette, and then relax into the sofas by the fire. If you need a distraction, there is WIFI, a flat-screen TV and a DVD player.
Chalet Khione is equipped with free, high-speed WIFI for your own private use.
We’re sorry but this is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly rentals if you would like to travel with your pet.
There is dedicated parking for one car directly beneath the chalet. 22 steps lead from the parking up to the chalet. Winter tyres and/or snow chains necessary in winter due to frequent snowfalls. Alternative parking is available 80m away, in a lay-by on the road. At least one car is advisable in both summer and winter. Contact us for railway or airport transfers for your guests.
The free ski bus (less than 300m from the door) whisks you the 2km to the resort centre and to the Savoleyres telecabin in a matter of minutes. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle. You can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August 2019)
- the opportunity to buy discounted lessons (10%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December 2018 to April 2019).
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Firewood (22 CHF per 20-25kg crate from the agency, or from the supermarket)
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival. In case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Khione
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons