Chalet Kookaburra is a delightful 4-bedroom chalet constructed in 2015, with incredible views across the Rhone Valley and to the Bernese Alps. The bright and open living space on the main floor comprises separate areas for cooking, dining and relaxing, and features an enclosed fireplace. This centrepiece room is exposed on all three sides, with large double-height picture windows providing you with breath-taking panoramic views of the surrounding area and into the valley and the mountains beyond. A mezzanine area overlooks the living area and serves as a second TV area.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
There are four spacious bedrooms and three bathrooms in total. Two are double bedrooms and one is a twin bedroom. The fourth bedroom has a set of double-bed bunk beds. The upstairs double bedroom has en en-suite bathroom with shower and WC, there is a 2nd bathroom with shower & WC and also a large family bathroom with bath shower and WC. A guest WC is also available. If you wish to travel with children under 2 years old, just let us know and we will provide a cot and a high chair for your chalet.
The open-plan kitchen features a hob and a combination oven and microwave. There are also staples such as dishwasher, fridge & freezer, kettle, toaster, electric filter coffee-machine and Nespresso coffee-machine. There are also fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire. A washing machine, dryer, iron and hairdryer are available.
The hot tub on the terrace is a fantastic place to unwind from a challenging day on the mountain! The main entertainment is the spacious living area with space for the whole groups and ever-changing views – perfect for a traditional evening of cheese fondue while the log fire crackles away to add to the authentic mountain atmosphere. The charming mezzanine in the rafters with an additional reading, seating and television-viewing area overlooks the living area. On a blue-sky day, the view stretches 20km, up to the peaks of the Haut de Cry and the Mont Gond, which tower 2000m over the Rhone Valley floor below. Large glass doors open onto the balcony area, providing stunning views from the table and chairs and somewhere to enjoy lunch or a coffee amongst the twittering birds in the warmer months. When the snow is falling, you can watch it drifting slowly past you, as it settles over the traditional village of Iserables across the nearby valley.
Chalet Kookaburra is equipped with free, high-speed WIFI for your own private use. The main TV is a “SMART” TV, where you can login to your own accounts for Netflix and other apps, during your stay.
We’re sorry but Chalet Kookaburra is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly chalets if you would like to travel with your pet.
A car is recommended when staying in this chalet, as it is a 1 hour walk from the village centre and the ski-lifts. There is a ski bus in winter which regularly passes near the chalet, the stop being less than 10minutes on foot from the chalet. There is ample parking for 2 or 3 cars at the chalet, but winter tyres and/or snow chains may be necessary to access the chalet in winter due to frequent snowfalls.
A short drive in the car and you are at the village or the Savoleyres telecabin in a matter of minutes. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle. You can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- full use of jacuzzi
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- firewood (fair use)
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August 2019)
- the opportunity to buy discounted lessons (10%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December 2018 to April 2019).
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival. In case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Kookaburra
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons