A beautifully-furnished spa chalet to rent in La Tzoumaz Chalet Kudu has a sauna and outdoor hot-tub jacuzzi to soothe away your stresses and strains. With its elevated position overlooking a jaw-dropping view, the main living area has huge double-height glass windows that expose the panoramic views that stretch for miles across the Rhone Valley and up to the snow-capped peaks beyond. From the bright and spacious open kitchen with its convivial bar seating area, to the open living / dining area with a large and comfortable seating area, and the separate TV “snug”, this chalet is designed to create the perfect mountain atmosphere for your adventure holiday or peaceful retreat.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
With its five bedrooms and four bathrooms, this chalet is ideal for 10 to 12 people. Threre are three double bedrooms, each with balcony and en-suite bathroom (two have bath with overhead shower, sink & WC. The other has a shower, sink & WC). The remaining two bedrooms (a twin room with two 200cm x 90cm beds and a quad bunk room with four 200cm x 90cm bunk beds) share a bathroom with bath and overhead shower, sink & WC. If you wish to travel with children under 2 years old, just let us know and we will provide a cot and a high chair for your chalet.
The main floor of the chalet is a very large open kitchen, living and dining area. The modern kitchen is fully equipped with everything you might need for catering for up to twelve people, including oven, hob, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, Nespresso and Delizio coffee machines, electric filter coffee machine, fridge and 2-drawer freezer. There are fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire. Washing machine & tumble dryer, hairdryer, iron and portable outdoor barbecue are all available for you to use. The boot room is fitted with boot heaters to ensure your ski or mountain boots are warm and dry for the following day’s adventures.
Relax in the sauna after a hard day on the slopes, or soothe your aching muscles in the jacuzzi on the terrace and listen to the birdsong from the nearby forest. You can enjoy a drink at the bar seating area, relax in the large sofa area in front of the fire or retreat to the TV “snug” and watch one of the many DVDs on the flat-screen, but you’ll have to try not to be distracted by the beautiful and ever-changing views that can be seen from every angle. On a blue-sky day, the view stretches 20km, up to the peaks of the Haut de Cry and the Mont Gond, and in the other direction up to the Vallon d’Arby from where good skiers can ski home to the resort.
Chalet Kudu is equipped with free, high-speed WIFI for your own private use.
We would be delighted to welcome your pets to Chalet Kudu. Please note that in order to cover supplementary cleaning costs, pets are charged at a rate of 50 CHF per stay. If you are travelling with more than one large or two small dogs, please contact us to ensure we will be able to accommodate them.
There is one parking space next to the chalet and space for three or four more cars just 20 metres away from the chalet in a lay-by on the chalet access road. Winter tyres and/or snow chains necessary in winter due to frequent snowfalls. Contact us for railway or airport transfers.
The free ski bus (around 200m from the door) whisks you the 2km to the Savoleyres telecabin in a matter of minutes. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
You will have the opportunity to purchase discounted packages and courses and rent them and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking with us for winter holidays (December to April).
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins.
We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier.
In the high summer season, from the beginning of July to the end of August, we offer free lift passes and the gondola link to Verbier runs daily from 08.45 to 17.00, which means that you can easily reach the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bike (at an additional cost). You can even use a variety of lifts to go up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible views of the mountains which include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
– our warm welcome and support during your stay
– beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
– full use of sauna
– credit card charges
– electricity & heating
– final cleaning
– tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
– free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August)
– the opportunity to buy discounted skipasses, lessons and rental and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December to April).
Not included in the price:
– We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
– Dog cleaning fees are not included (50CHF per stay)
– Firewood (22 CHF per 20-25kg crate from the agency, or from the supermarket)
– Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request.
– Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person
– Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation.
You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival.
Please see the site for our updated cancellation conditions, or in case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Kudu
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons