Chalet Le Fauconnier
You won’t be disappointed when you step inside this gorgeous chalet, with its huge panoramic windows and jaw-dropping views over the valley and the mountains beyond. Newly extended for 2015 with an extra bedroom, extra bathroom and bigger sun-terrace, it can now sleep up to 14 people.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
This five-bedroom chalet is ideal for 12 adults or can sleep up to to 14 people when using the beds on the open mezzanine. One of the larger chalets in La Tzoumaz 14-bed Chalet Le Fauconnier has one double bedroom, three twin rooms and a new quad bunk room, as well as two extra beds in the TV area on the open mezzanine. There are four bathrooms, three with a shower and the other with a bath. There is a high chair and cot suitable for children under 2 years old.
The main floor of the chalet is an open kitchen / living / dining area. The large, practical kitchen is fully equipped with everything you might need, including dishwasher, microwave, electric filter coffee machine, Nespresso coffee machine and separate freezer. There are fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire. Washing machine, dryer, hairdryer, iron and portable outdoor barbecue are all available for you to use.
The beautiful panoramic views and the mountain air are relaxation defined, and from the terrace and balcony you can admire the beautiful mountains of the Valais region. The lounge are benefits from a large, wall-mounted flat-screen Cable television, and there is a second TV with DVD player upstairs on the mezzanine area. In summer, the garden area and new terrace are ideal spots for sunny barbeques relaxing in a beautiful environment. On a blue-sky day, the view stretches 20km, up to the peaks of the Haut de Cry and the Mont Gond, as they rise 2000m from the valley floor, and in the other direction towards Mont Gele and the legendary Vallon d’Arby.
Chalet Le Fauconnier is equipped with free WIFI for your own private use.
We’re sorry but this is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly rentals if you would like to travel with your pet.
Parking for 2 or 3 cars outside the chalet. Winter tyres and/or snow chains necessary in winter due to frequent snowfalls. Contact us for railway or airport transfers.
The free ski bus (less than 300m from the door) whisks you the 2km to the Savoleyres telecabin in a matter of minutes. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle. You can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August 2019)
- the opportunity to buy discounted lessons (10%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December 2018 to April 2019).
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Firewood (22 CHF per 20-25kg crate from the agency, or from the supermarket)
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival. In case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
La Tzoumaz 14-bed Chalet Le Fauconnier
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons