Chalet Leopard de Neige
A bright and spacious chalet to rent in La Tzoumaz Chalet Leopard de Neige sits just above a quiet road overlooking a jaw-dropping view. From the huge double-height glass windows that dominate the living area, the view stretches for miles across the Rhone Valley and up to the snow-capped peaks beyond. From the well-equipped open kitchen to the open living / dining area with windows exposing the views on all four sides, this chalet seems to harvest the light reflecting off the surrounding snow. The sauna downstairs is a real treat at the end of a hard day on the slopes.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
Upper floor – double bedroom with ensuite shower room
Lower floor – double bedroom, twin bedroom, quad room (two bunk beds)
Large bathroom with bath and shower
Bathroom with shower and sauna
There is a cot and a high chair in the chalet, with more available from our office on request.
The main floor of this large chalet is an open kitchen/living/dining area with double-height windows, wood-burning stove and underfloor heating. The spacious kitchen is fully equipped with everything you might need for family catering, including a dishwasher, microwave, electric filter coffee machine, Nespresso coffee machine, oven, and ceramic glass hob. There are fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire. The fridge-freezer unit has a three-drawer freezer section. Washing machine, dryer, hairdryer, iron and portable outdoor barbecue are all available for you to use. Skis are stored on an outdoor rack, or in the chalet technical room and there are professional ski boot dryers in the cupboard under the stairs.
After an exhilarating day on the slopes, a hot sauna can ease tired muscles and help you prepare for the next day on the mountain. Alternatively you could take a seat at the breakfast bar to sip a glass of local Fendant wine before dinner. Enjoying a traditional fondue or raclette amongst friends or family is a fantastic opportunity to swap stories from the day, before you relax into the sofa to watch the flames dancing inside the wood-burning stove. For those in need of further distraction there is cable TV, an Apple TV system and a Bose bluetooth sound system in the living room.
In summer this chalet is perfect for relaxing with family or friends, thanks to its south-facing patio and flat lawn, with a garden table for 10 people, a garden sofa and two sun loungers. Coming home from an immersive hike on the many trails that wander lazily across the beautiful mountain scenery, you can relax and immerse yourself in the surrounding birdsong as you prepare a delicious outdoor barbecue.
In the evening if you step outside onto the balcony that wraps around three sides of the chalet you may even hear the distant hooting of an owl as it wings across the valley.
Chalet Leopard de Neige is equipped with free, high-speed WIFI for your own private use.
We’re sorry but this is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly rentals if you would like to travel with your pet.
Parking for 2 cars right outside the chalet. Winter tyres and/or snow chains necessary in winter due to frequent snowfalls. Alternative parking is available 50m away, although this is shared with other chalets. A large public parking is at 300m. Contact us for railway or airport transfers.
The free ski bus (less than 300m from the door) whisks you the 2km to the Savoleyres telecabin in a matter of minutes. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle. You can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- full use of sauna
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August 2019)
- the opportunity to buy discounted lessons (10%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December 2018 to April 2019).
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Firewood (22 CHF per 20-25kg crate from the agency, or from the supermarket)
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival. In case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Leopard de Neige
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons