Chalet Les Bubus
Chalet Les Bubus is a five-bedroom chalet with sauna and its traditional feel makes it the perfect place to relax with friends after a long day of skiing. It is situated only 100 meters from the nearest ski slopes, making it an excellent choice for a winter holiday. This wooden-panelled chalet, with an open fireplace and a spacious living area, has a real home-from home feeling, allowing you to feel truly welcome during your stay in La Tzoumaz.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
The chalet can sleep ten people across its three twin rooms and two bunk rooms. Each of the two bunk rooms can also accommodate a further person on a pull-out bed. There are two bathrooms in the chalet, one with bath and one with shower, as well as a sauna and an additional WC. If you wish to travel with children under 2 years old, just let us know and we will provide a cot and a high chair in your chalet.
The kitchen provides all the basics; hob, oven, dishwasher, microwave, and freezer. There is also an electric filter coffee machine, a cheese fondue set for a traditional Swiss evening. The living room offers an open-hearth fireplace, flat-scree cable TV, hi-fi system, and a DVD player for all your entertainment needs. There is also a terrace and barbecue so that you can absorb the beauty of the surrounding mountains. A washing machine and dryer are also available for you to use.
The sunny and elevated position of Chalet les Bubus allows you to gaze out over the stunning valley, with opportunity to watch the world go by from the terrace in the summer months. For the colder, winter months the warm fire and comfortable sofas give the perfect opportunity to relax with friends and a glass of local wine.
Chalet les Bubus is equipped with free WIFI for your own private use.
We would be delighted to welcome your pets to Chalet les Bubus. Please note that in order to cover supplementary cleaning costs, pets are charged at a rate of 50chf payable on arrival. If you are travelling with more than one large or two small dogs, please contact us to ensure we will be able to accommodate them.
Parking for 3 cars outside the chalet.Snow chains and/or a 4×4 vehicle with winter tyres recommended in winter due to steep and snowy access road. Contact us for railway or airport transfers.
The chalet is only a 170m (uphill) walk from the ski-route that follows the main road to the Etablons apres-ski bar and joins the main piste down to the telecabin. This ski-route is suitable for all except complete beginners, who would instead need to walk or drive 500m from the chalet to the beginners ski area at the Etablons apres-ski bar. Here you will find the main piste, the Babylift carpet and the Etablons Chairlift, along with an apres-ski bar and the bus-stop to take you into the resort centre. The main piste leads down from this roundabout to the Savoleyres telecabin.
The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle. You can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- full use of sauna
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August 2019)
- the opportunity to buy discounted lessons (10%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December 2018 to April 2019).
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 500 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Firewood (22 CHF per 20-25kg crate from the agency, or from the supermarket)
- Dog cleaning fees are not included (50CHF per stay)
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival. In case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
Chalet les Bubus, La Tzoumaz
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons