Chalet Les Marmottes
A recently-renovated ski-in chalet with sauna that sleeps up to 10 people across three floors of living space. Situated at the edge of the forest, numerous beautiful and varied hiking paths leave from nearby the chalet. The open kitchen / living / dining area has been designed for comfort and relaxation, with a large dining table and long sofa to relax on. The chalet benefits from magnificent panoramic views of the valley and the mountains beyond. There is a well-designed entrance area to help you to easily manage and organise all the skiing or biking equipment from two families or a large group.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
There are four spacious bedrooms and a fifth, open room that will comfortably sleep a total of 10 people. There is a second entrance through the ski-room on the ground floor near the sauna. Here there is a double room with a large bathroom with corner bath and shower, and a twin bedroom with a separate shower room fitted with double rain shower. On the top floor there are two twin rooms, each with shaped roof and wardrobe, and an open area with a double bed, TV and comfortable sofa. There is a further shower room on the main floor near the living area. If you wish to travel with children under 2 years old, just let us know and we will provide a cot and a high chair in your chalet.
The kitchen is fully fitted to meet the needs of family cooking, including an oven with hob, a fridge and separate freezer. There is a dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, Nespresso and electric filter coffee-machines, plus fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire. Washing machine, dryer, hairdryer, iron and portable outdoor barbecue are all available for you to use. The main entrance is kitted out with all the storage space you need for a chalet-full of ski gear or hiking kit, with plenty of electric boot-heaters to dry everything out if necessary.
Relax in the sauna or the corner bath tub after a hard day on the slopes, or stretch out in front of the fire or the TV on the comfortable sofa in the living room. Or perhaps sit on the balcony and listen to the birdsong from the nearby forest. On a blue-sky day, the view stretches 20km, up to the peaks of the Haut de Cry and the Mont Gond, and in the other direction up to the Vallon d’Arby from where good skiers can ski home to the door. You can use the area at the top of the stairs as a second TV lounge or or play area. A number of toys and games are provided for children of different ages.
Chalet Les Marmottes is equipped with free, high-speed WIFI for your own private use.
We’re sorry but this is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly rentals if you would like to travel with your pet.
Parking for 2 cars on the side road above the chalet. There are 21 steps down to the chalet in total from the parking. Winter tyres and/or snow chains required in winter due to steep access road. Contact us for railway or airport transfers.
The chalet is only 500m from the ski-route that follows the main road to the Etablons apres-ski bar and joins the main piste down to the telecabin. This ski-route is suitable for all except complete beginners, who would need to walk or drive to the beginners ski area at the Etablons apres-ski bar. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle. You can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- full use of sauna
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August 2019)
- the opportunity to buy discounted lessons (10%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December 2018 to April 2019).
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Firewood (22 CHF per 20-25kg crate from the agency, or from the supermarket)
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival. In case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Les Marmottes
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons