Chalet Par Le Travers
Chalet Par le Travers is a traditional chalet, set in isolation with a spectacular view. The chalet has been partially-renovated in 2015 and comfortably furnished. Renovated with comfort and taste, this chalet has three bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms. Dogs are welcome, but please note there is an uphill footpath (95m long) to reach the chalet.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
– Three rooms: each room with 2 beds. 1 room with 1 pull-out bed (2 pers. length 200 cm).
– separate toilet
– Open plan living/dining room with open fireplace,
– Cable TV, flat screen,
– CD, DVD player
– electrical heater
– Open kitchen (oven, dishwasher, 4 ceramic hobs, microwave, electric filter coffee machine, Nespresso coffee machine).
– Electric heating.
– Balcony, terrace, lawn.
– Terrace furniture, barbecue.
– Beautiful view of the mountains and the valley.
– Hair dryer.
The Chalet Par le Travers is equipped with free high-speed WIFI for private use during your stay.
We would be delighted to welcome your pets to the Chalet Par le Travers. Please note that in order to cover additional cleaning costs, pets are charged at a rate of CHF 50 (EUR 45) per stay.
There is a closed garage and then two spaces in front of the garage, so there is enough room to park 3 cars. The car park is located at the bottom of the path that goes 95m up to the chalet. Warning, snow tyres and/or chains are necessary in winter because of the frequent snowfalls. An additional parking area is available 150m from the garage.
This chalet is not recommended for everybody because of the access: in winter, the path leading to the house will not be clear in case of snow. It is also advisable to carry a torch in the evening in winter.
The chalet is almost at the top of the free ski bus stop, so instead of going around, good skiers can ski down in the morning. Otherwise, you have to walk 100 m from the garage to find the bus stop. It’s only 2 km and you are at the gondolas.
The modern Savoleyres gondola lift takes you from La Tzoumaz to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can either enjoy the quiet slopes of La Tzoumaz or descend to the legendary slopes of Verbier in the vast 4 Valleys ski area. On the way back, in good snow conditions, just cross the village road at the end of the piste, then you can put your skis back on and ski right to the chalet door.
You will have the possibility to buy discounted ski passes and lessons and rent them and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking with us for winter holidays (December to April).
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle. You can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- full use of sauna
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August 2019)
- the opportunity to buy discounted lessons (10%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December 2018 to April 2019).
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Firewood (22 CHF per 20-25kg crate from the agency, or from the supermarket)
- Dog cleaning fees are not included (50CHF per stay)
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival. In case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Par le Travers
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons