This luxury five-bedroom, five bathroom chalet with sauna is a fantastic choice for a winter or summer holiday in the mountains. With its main living area set up as an impressive open kitchen/living/dining room that maximises the spectacular views, you can really immerse yourself in the beautiful mountainscape here. The chalet is right next to the “bisses” in the summer with direct access to the start point of hundreds of kilometers of biking and hiking trails. Ideal for couples, groups and families seeking a peaceful mountain retreat with the option for plenty of action-packed activities on the doorstep.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
Each of the five luxurious bedrooms has its own en-suite bathroom. Three of the bathrooms have shower, one has a bath and the fifth bathroom has both shower and bath. A Sauna and Guest WC are also available. If you wish to travel with children under 2 years old, just let us know and we will provide a cot and a high chair for your chalet.
In the central kitchen you will find all that you need for the perfect holiday: a fridge, separate freezer, oven, hob, a kettle, microwave, toaster and coffee-machines (filter and Nespresso). Plus cheese fondue and raclette sets are provided for your traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire. A hairdryer, iron and outdoor gas barbecue are all available for you to use and there is a washing machine and separate dryer available for you to use. There is a ski-boot heater to ensure that your kit is warm and dry for yet another day on the slopes tomorrow.
After a hard day honing your technique on the ski slopes, relax in the rejuvenating heat of the sauna. Alternatively, you can choose to light the fire and relax in the large living / dining area, watch the flat-screen TV with its multitude of international cable channels, or listen to music, or simply sit on the balcony and admire the beautiful panoramic views that face the chalet. A few board games are provided for the young at heart. On a blue-sky day, the view stretches 20km, up to the peaks of the Haut de Cry and the Mont Gond. The chalet grounds border a forested area, which in summer fills the air with delightful birdsong. Boules and a badminton set are provided for your enjoyment in the warmer months. Sitting at the garden table you can while away the hours watching the tiny cars far away in the valley as they hurry between appointments in the distant towns and cities.
Chalet Scherpie is equipped with free WIFI for your own private use.
We’re sorry but this is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly rentals if you would like to travel with your pet.
There is space for up to five cars outside the chalet, on the heated driveway. Winter tyres and/or snow chains necessary in winter due to steep access road. Please note that the chalet garage is locked for private storage only and is not available for guests. Car strongly recommended for this chalet, but contact us for railway or airport transfers if some of your group will not be travelling by car.
The main ski lift is just a short (2km) drive to the Resort Centre from Chalet Scherpie. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle. You can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The “Bisses” are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We’ll provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Don’t miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific). This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- full use of sauna
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the “Special Requests” box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August)
- the opportunity to buy discounted lessons (10%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December to April).
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit – instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Firewood (22 CHF per 20-25kg crate from the agency, or from the supermarket)
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival – if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly “first-paid = first-reserved” basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival. In case of cancellation: Up to 2 months before arrival (or upon resale) the fee is 15%. Up to 1 month / 80%, thereafter / 90%.
Chalet Scherpie La Tzoumaz
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons