About La Tzoumaz & events/activities
- Events calendar and information
- Summer Information Brochure (Summer 2016)
- Winter Information Brochure (Winter 2015/16)
- The Tourist Office and their facebook page
- La Tzoumaz Extreme brochure
- All about La Tzoumaz on Valais.ch
Weather and snow conditions
- Weather from SnowForecast.com
- Weather from yr.no
- Weather from accuweather
- Weather from MeteoSuisse (type in this postcode: 1918)
- Avalanche bulletin from SLF
Skiing: Lifts, Passes, Lessons, Rental
Ski area reviews
- Verbier Itineraries (ski circuit ideas from The Telegraph Ski & Snowboard)
- 4 Valleys piste map
- 4 Valleys lift opening dates & hours
- 4 Valleys lift pass prices
- Order your lift passes through us and we’ll hand them over to you on your arrival!
- Live piste & lift opening status
- Skiline uses your lift pass number to give you stats, eg how many lifts you went on
- Fatmap is a brand new 3D mapping app for both on and off piste
Ski Lessons & Mountain Guides
Ski hire and equipment rental
Off-piste Skiing, Freeride & Backcountry skiing
- FATMAP detailed off-piste data and freeride mapping app for Verbier & the whole 4-Valleys
- Pro Freeride Guide by pro snowboarder Emilien Badoux
- Avalanche bulletin
- Avalanche bulletin & information app
- International Snow Training Academy
- Avalanche avoidance skills for amateurs
Hiking & Mountain biking
- Hiking brochure (hiking routes, descriptions and maps for La Tzoumaz, Verbier and 4-Valleys)
- Mountain biking brochure (mountain-biking routes, descriptions and maps for La Tzoumaz, Verbier and 4-Valleys)
- Switzerland Mobility (free & excellent online hiking & biking maps and mobile app)
- Bisse de Saxon on Valais.ch
- Bisse de Saxon on Valrando.ch
- PeakFinder app to identify mountain names
- Climbing guidebook for sale
- Mountain Biking Options
- Wheelchair-friendly experience on the Senses Nature Trail for the disabled
- Vertic’Halle – indoor climbing centre
- Road cycling and more road cycling
- 10km sledge run
- Trottinette scooter rental
- Harley Davidson motorcycle rental, Raron, Valais
- The 10 most beautiful roads in Switzerland
- Museum of Iserables
- Pump Track & Skate Park at Le Châble
Thermal baths and swimming pools
- Saillon Thermal Baths
- La Tzoumaz indoor pool & sauna
- Verbier indoor & outdoor pool
- Sion indoor & outdoor pool
- Martigny indoor & outdoor pool
Local attractions for families
Cafes and Restaurants: La Tzoumaz
Right in the resort centre, next to the supermarket, this impressive chalet-styled building houses a large restaurant, a cosy pub-styled back bar and a number of rental bedrooms with balconies. Serving genuine Italian home-cooked food, with an occasionally-used bar that is popular amongst local ex-pats with a fantastic atmosphere for the big match.
Simple cafe open in the summer, serving wine, coffee and cake, and “assiette valaisanne”, a plate of local cold meats and cheeses with rustic bread.
Cafe-restaurant next to the tourist office. Good for burgers, crepes and gluten-free options.
Situated prominently at the entrance to the resort where the land below drops sharply and overlooks the magnificent steep valley to the mountains beyond, this hugely popular restaurant serves high-quality, traditional local dishes including Fondue, “Wizard’s Hat” and autumn’s much-anticipated game menu. There are also a couple of bright and spacious rooms to rent each complete with its own kitchenette and breakfast area. A short walk from the main ski lift.
- Le Central
With a large and sunny terrasse opposite the telecabin, the cafe is a favourite with skiers, locals and workers. The restaurant serves a good all-round Swiss menu.
- Big Ben Bar & Club
Overlooking the ice rink, this bar and club replaces the ViTHO bar which closed in 2015. A great spot for apres-ski on a Friday to party with the ski instructors after the Swiss Ski School Medal Ceremony.
- The new wine bar
Situated inside the new apartment building opposite the telecabin, this cozy bar is a great new asset for La Tzoumaz.
Standing proudly over the village square, this restaurant is popular with locals and tourists alike for an evening meal or a take-away. The well-equipped kitchen has a large pizza oven. The seating area spans three separate sections, one of which is a cosy enclosed space perfect for large groups. The huge terrace overlooks the outdoor ice rink in winter and the children’s playground in summer. It’s the place to be with views over the party on the night of any of the big celebrations including New Year, end of season and the Swiss National Day. The hotel rooms are spread over several floors and there is a large car park for guests.
Sadly this cafe-restaurant closed when Roland retired in 2016. Popular cafe-restaurant for sale in the main street, on the ground floor of a small apartment building. One side fitted out as a cafe-bar that was popular year-round with the locals, and the other side that was a restaurant serving delicious wholesome food. A sunny terrace makes this a great place to be on one of the many sunny days that the area enjoys. Contact us if you’re interested to purchase or rent this business!
- Manoir de la Faraz (Auddes-sur-Riddes)
Under new management from 2016, this restaurant is on the road to Iserables. The specialty here is sliced entrecote cooked in herb butter at your table, Cafe-de-Paris style.
Cafes and Restaurants: 4 Valleys
Cafes & Restaurants: Further afield
La Tzoumaz in the news
- The Independent: Verbier’s secret, chic little sister
- The Guardian: How to get Verbier snow for half the dough!
- RTS.ch: Awesome video of our mountainside collapsing in a landslide
- The Telegraph: Verbier Piste Guide
- The Guardian: Skiing Switzerland on a budget
- The Telegraph: Live the High life and Invest in a Ski Chalet
- Financial Times: La Tzoumaz is stepping out of Verbier’s Shadow
- The Guardian: Cheap Ski Resorts
- City AM: Rich pickings in Poor Man’s Verbier
- Cath.ch: Disused chairlift transformed into local chapel
- Hebdo.ch: Verbier is so successful it must reinvent itself
- Illustre.ch: Helvetia Nostra blocks construction of new holiday homes
- Le Nouvelliste: The Lex Weber has some unexpected effects
- Redbull: Verbier in the Top Ten mountain-bike spots of the Alps
The Valais region and its history
Our property websites
- Chalet Chocolat and their facebook page
- Chalet Orchidee
- Chalet Mandalay
- Chalet Mont Rose
- Chalet Charbray
- Catered Chalet Hotel Les Fougeres